I love to spend time with my family and summer family fun nights are some of my favorite times with them!
As a Texas girl living in Maine, July and August temperatures are the closest that I can get to the heat that I miss so much from back home. So, in the summer we spend a lot of evenings outdoors as a family.
Summer family fun nights are meant to be focused on creating memories, having fun and lots of laughter.
I truly believe that simplicity is best when it comes to family time. Don’t overthink it, try not to overspend and just enjoy each other’s company.
You don’t have to blow your budget, throw an elaborate backyard party or even leave your home for summer family fun nights! The majority of your favorite family memories will be made in your home or in your yard.
If you’re not sure where to get started try one or more of these ideas!
- What have your kids mentioned they would like to do?
- Think back to your childhood, what do you want to share with your family to recreate the memories you have?
- What did you want to do as a child that you didn’t get the opportunity to do, that you could do now with your kids?
- Have everyone write down a family night idea and draw from a hat each week!
If you still need some tips, these are some of our favorite summer family fun night ideas!
- Have a backyard campfire and roast marshmallows/make smores
- Catch fireflies
- Play catch
- Going to the local drive in
- Go fishing
- Play croquet
- Walking the beach
- Summer fairs
- Play games by the campfire
What you do as a family isn’t truly the important part. Taking time to just be together, without work, school and electronics being involved is the best way to create amazing memories!