A wife’s devotion is key to fulfilling her calling as a help meet. If she is not devoted to her husband then her tasks will be more difficult because they’re merely a to do list, a ritual. When a wife is devoted to her husband, then the things she does in her home and life will blossom as she fulfills God’s calling for her life.
The devotion of a wife (or lack thereof) will be visible to those close to her and her husband. She knows that her priority is being a wife and homemaker.
Some things that a devoted wife does are…
- A devoted wife cares for her home and her husband before doing things for herself or things outside of her home.
- A devoted wife also thinks of her husband and home prior to making any decisions.
- A devoted wife seeks to honor and please her husband outside the home.
- A devoted wife dresses modestly to honor her husband.
- A devoted wife doesn’t seek to gain attention from other men.
- A devoted wife knows her husband’s convictions and thoughts on matters of importance and keeps them in mind at all times.
- A devoted wife speaks only good things of her husband to others.
- A devoted wife prays for her husband’s protection, work and guidance.
- A devoted wife knows her husband’s likes and dislikes and keep them in mind throughout her day and in decision making.
- A devoted wife’s love for her husband grows and deepens as she keeps him in the right place of priority.
Devotion truly is a beautiful thing, but it does require a selflessness of great proportion. We must seek the Lord’s strength every day in order to die to ourselves because our human nature is selfish.
As wives we must strive to become the help meets we were created to be and being devoted to our husbands is an important part of our calling. May God draw our hearts, minds and wills together to become the devoted wives He created us to be.